NEHA CHAURASIANEHA CHAURASIA
RISHI MALIKRISHI MALIK
MOHIT BUCHAMOHIT BUCHA
RAHUL GOYALRAHUL GOYAL
Product Marketing Strategy
4P’S of marketing Mix
Vision & Mission
Sony Business Units
Sony is the Japanese company and known all over the world.
Founded - May7, 1946 Headquarter- Tokyo
Co- Founder – Masaru Ibuka
Founder- Akio Morita
In 1947 Company name was TOKYO TSUSHIN KOGYO ( Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corporation).
First Product - First Tape recorder called Type – G.
In 1958, company formally adopted Sony Corporation” as its corporate name.
Sony is the combination of two words Sonus- Sound & Sonny- Little son.
• Electronics:•Audio, Video, Televisions Information and Communications.
• Sony Computer Entertainment:•Hardware and related software
• Sony Music Entertainment:•Sony Music Entertainment Inc.: Columbia Records, Sony Classical, Sony Discos, Sony Disc Manufacturing, and Sony Music Nashville •Sony Music Entertainment Japan: Sony Records and Epic Records
• Sony Pictures Entertainment –• motion picture - production, acquisition and distribution• television – programming, production, acquisition and
distribution• home video - acquisition and distribution• television broadcasting• operation of studio facilities
• Sony Life Insurance• Other:
• Sony Finance International, Inc. • Sony Trading International Corporation• Sony Broadcast Media Co. Ltd.• Other local entertainment businesses in Japan, U.S., and
Wheel of Fortune Big Daddy
1) TO MAKE THIS VISION A REALITY, SONY IS STRIVED TOSTRENGTHEN THE CORE ELECTRONIC BUSINESS.
2) BY APPLYING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES TOPRODUCT DESIGN, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ANDSALES. THIS WILL STRENGTHEN THE VALUE OF SONY’SMUSIC, PICTURES, GAME AND FINANCIAL SERVICESBUSINESSES, AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE OVERNETWORKS.
3) SONY IS RELEASING NETWORK-FOCUSED PRODUCTS INFOUR CATEGORIES: DIGITAL TVS AND SET-TOP BOXES,VAIO HOME-USE PCS, PLAYSTATION AND MOBILE DEVICES.
4 P’S of marketing mix
TELEVISION S AND PROJECTORS
HOME VIDEO AUDIO & HOME THEATER
Example: Sony Bravia
Example: Cyber-shot Camera
IT & COMPUTING
Example : Vaio
Portable Device : 45In Entertainment : 41Mobile : 42 ModelsStorage Device : 14
Music Playing Robot : ROLLYDog Shaped Robot : AIBOHumanoid Robot : QRIO
• Sony being a company which emphasize product quality, it tends to sell its products with price range from moderately-high to high-prices, depending on the use and the targeted customers.
• Example-lets consider Sony series of vaio laptops. Sony has tried to categorize the laptops according to style, user, purpose, mobility and performance, and each a corresponding price. The laptops sold by Sony in India include a series of Sony vaio, this arevaio sr, vaio fw, vaio tokage, vaio cr, vaio nr, vaio tzand vaio sz.
Sony distributes its products through-
1.)Zero-level channel2.)One level channel3.)Two-level channel
In India, Sony has used the method ofOne-level distribution channel Manufacturer retailer
AdvertisingPersonal sellingSales promotionDirect marketing and publicityPrint AdsLaunch PartiesEvents : 1.Sony India’s Grand Saawariya Star nite2.Invitation to PurchaseFree Gifts on PurchasesSponsoring
STRENGTH Innovation Quality Brand Strength Product Differentiation High Specialized Integrated Product & Services
Maintain Multiple FunctionProduct Pricing Battery Efficiencies
T.V Category & Gaming Segment Investing Network Initiatives T.V Business expansion International Market
MARKETING OPPORTUNITIES IN INDIA
Plans To Introduce 6 new regional Language Games.
Sony transferring technology for its games from its London studio to India
Global economic Recession
Electronic Network Security
Strategy and Organization
•Continue to focus on communications and home electric appliances, but also content and services.
• Vertically integrated business.
• CEO Idei Nobuyuki wants Sony to be wherever people gather (internet).
• Product-market strategy: Apply IT to product design, production, distribution, and sales .