Social Media Marketing Communication To Conversation
Jan 26, 2015
Social Media Marketing Workshop I gave to a higher education organization in Cleveland
- 1. Social Media Marketing Communication to Conversation Steven Goldstein Internet Marketing Consultant [email_address] www.enableinternet.com @stevejgoldstein 440.666.0523
- A Brief History of Marketing
- Communication Versus Conversation
- The New Marketing Mindset
- Three Types of Social Media
- How to Build Your Community
3. Traditionally, marketers have used these things 4. to compete for our attention! 5. Seth Godin says
- It's estimated that the average consumer sees about one million marketing messages a year- about 3,000 a day.
6. Mass Marketing is
7. No worries
- Companies, higher education, and non-profit
8. (pretty, please...) 9. A.K.A. (The Shotgun method) 10. Is Mass Marketing Bad? 11. Not necessarily
- Mass marketing uses mass media to reach and influence an audience with undifferentiated needs.
12. So, whats the problem? 13.
14. Somewhere along the way
- People stopped being masses and became individuals with different needs. Many choices.
- Communications technology exploded from cable, internet, to cell phones.
- Response to the information overload was more mass marketing.
15. 16. The consumer response to information overload 17. A practical example: print ad
- How many people could see it: 100%
- How many people did see it: 50%
- How many people remember something: 20%
- How many people remember you: 10%
- How many people prefer you: 3%
- How many people intend to purchase: 1%
- How many people actually do it: