Email - email@example.com
Web site - www.1400ml.com/CarsonLibrary
• Cc v. Bcc
• Contact Lists
Surfin’ the Web• Browsers: Internet Explorer,
Firefox, Chrome, Safari• Google and other Search
Engines• Wikipedia: World-wide
cooperation for the benefit of all.
Cool Stuff from the web:• Calendars That Work
http://www.calendarsthatwork.com/ • Playing for Change
http://www.playingforchange.com/ • Ethan Zuckerman: Listening to global voices
From your computer you can:
• Upload to the web: an email to a friend, a blog for all to see, photos to share, or many other posts.
• Download from the web: A web site, an email from a friend, a video, a song, a pdf file. Information.
Using a search engine such as Google, you can easily find newspapers, such as:
What Everyone Should Know• How to go to a web page
Type the URL (web page address) here.
Note: You must type the URL exactly, with no extra spaces or punctuation and exact capitalization, or you won’t get the page.
What Everyone Should Know• Select your browser’s home page
• Click Tools• Click Internet Options
What Everyone Should Know• Browser home page (2)
• Click Use Current
What Everyone Should Know• Change desktop background (PC only)
• Hold down the Start key (Windows key) and click D to show desktop.
• Right click on desktop.• Select Properties.• Click Browse and find the picture
you want to use, or select an image from the list.
• OR, in Internet Explorer, rightclick on an image and choose“Set as Background.”
MS Word project4-fold greeting card
1. Fold blank sheet.
2. Roughly sketch front and inside panels.
3. Unfold. This is what we have to reproduce in Word.
4. Open new Word doc.
5. Change Page orientation to landscape
6. Create new 4x4 table
7. Insert art in upper left cell. Rotate 180º
8. Insert text in lower left cell. Format it.
9. When it looks good, print it and fold it. If necessary, tweak the layout.
10.When the fold looks good, trim it with scissors. paper cutter or knife and straight edge.