Dec 31, 2015
BOEMRE Maryland Renewable BOEMRE Maryland Renewable EnergyEnergy
Task Force MeetingTask Force MeetingMeeting Purpose and Goal
June 24, 2011
Office of Offshore Alternative Energy ProgramsOffice of Offshore Alternative Energy ProgramsBureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and
Enforcement (BOEMRE)Enforcement (BOEMRE)
What Will We Accomplish today?
• Update on qualification review of the applicants
• Present and explain the rationale for the area to include in Call for Information and Nominations (“Call”)
• Review the draft Call document for publishing in the Federal Register
Update on Qualifications Review
• Received nine individual expressions of interest from eight entities
• BOEMRE has completed the legal, technical and financial qualifications review of all the eight entities
and deemed six entities to be qualified*• Based on the qualifications review
BOEMRE has determined competitive interest in the RFI area* As of the June 24 task force meeting, BOEMRE had completed the legal qualifications review and found all eight companies to be legally qualified. And as of June 24, BOEMRE had deemed six entities to be technically and financially qualified as well. BOEMRE is still completing the technical and financial qualifications review for the other companies.
Maryland RFI Area in the Federal Register
Where is Interest in the RFI Area?
Potential “Call” Area presented in March
Status Update: Efforts Since March Task Force Meeting
• Maryland Energy Administration and its stakeholder outreach (for navigational and maritime issues)
• BOEMRE has been in consultation and dialogue with the USCG regarding the Call area
• The Call area is based in part on: analysis done by the USCG, review of existing data, collaboration with USCG and recommendations by the state.