May 25, 2015
ACQUIP ServicesCardan Shaft Alignment: a few simple rules
• Offset misalignment only• Misalignment in either vertical or
horizontal plane• Angle present at each knuckle
should be the same• Angle at knuckle should not exceed
All Alignment Procedure Rules Apply
• Safety first• Clean up the mess• Rough soft foot correction• Rough alignment• Final soft foot correction• Final alignment
• Take measurements at each knuckle.
• Take measurements from output shaft to input shaft.
Measurements at each knuckle
Measurements from Output
to Input Shaft
• Uncoupled alignment• Requires special
Some Misalignment Must Exist
• At least 0.5 degrees at each knuckle.
• Keeps the splines lubricated
Don’t go over 3.5 degrees at
• High axial vibration• Damage bearings and
A report should be generated for any alignment. Report should at least include:
• As found alignment• As left alignment
Why ACQUIP SphereAction™ is The best Choice
for your Alignment Needs?• Alignment is our Passion; we are
experts in the field.• We think outside the box, we use
existing technology resources and apply it to new and complex problems.
• We travel for your planned outages and last minute emergencies.
• We guarantee our alignment work.
For More Information
Toll Free +1 855 ACQUIP1 Phone (305) 538 7101
PO Box 191502 Miami Beach, FL 33119
USA – Middle East – Latin America and beyond.
Find Us On