1. Your body language shapes who you are Amy Cuddy:
2. human are really fascinated with other people's body language
3. when we think body language we think about communication & When we think about communication, we think about interactions.
4. Sweeping judgments and inferences are made from body language
5. those judgments can predict important outcomes like who we hire or promote
6. Apart from audience there is one more person affected by your body language
8. when we feel powerful we open up, we tend to expand our self
9. And when we feel powerless We do exactly the opposite. We close up. We wrap ourselves up. We make ourselves small.
10. Every one knows that our minds change our bodies, but can our bodies change our minds ?
11. Answer is YES
12. when you pretend to be powerful, you actually feel powerful
13. High power poses
14. low power poses
15. 2 minutes of power posing
16. Increases risk taking capabilities
17. Increases in testosterone which depicts dominance
18. Decreases in cortisol which depicts reaction to stress
19. Two minutes leads brain to be assertive, confident, comfortable and stress- reactive
20. Tiny tweaks can lead to big changes
21. So Fake it till you become it
22. recap Our bodies can change our minds When we pretend to be powerful, we actually feel powerful 2 min power posing before anything important leads to remarkable results Tiny tweaks can lead to big changes