1. Wig Care - Human Hair Wigs Wearers can expect a vast choice of single or combined base materials, complete with hair in an array of blended or highlighted shades. So how does the care and the longevity of these real hair pieces compare with the more traditional ones that have been available until now? Human hair wigs, given the right care, will actually last much longer than synthetic wigs. It stands to reason that this type of wig will be generally more expensive than synthetic ready-to-wear wigs. Wearers can expect to pay up to three times or more for wigs made of real human hair.
2. It's therefore absolutely vital to take the utmost care of your Human Hair wig. We recommend following these procedures: 1.Before washing your wig, always use a wide tooth comb to remove any tangles. That way, you will find it will be easier to restyle and dry your hair.
3. 2. Never use hot water on a human hair wig because whilst this will not affect the hair itself it can damage the base material or alter its shape. Lukewarm water is sufficient. Cleansing products that contain colour-stripping properties (often found in medicated shampoos) should be avoided. Choose a specialist shampoo or a product that is free of parabens. Turn the wig inside out and leave it to soak along with the shampoo for around five to ten minutes. Do not rub or scrub it as you would normal hair as this could mean you lose precious strands. Gently rinse and use a conditioner if desired. This will help avoid tangles when drying the wig.
4. 3.Carefully squeeze out any excess water and use a towel to pat dry your human hair wig. If you must use a blow dryer, place the wig on a wig block or head (which will also help to regain the base shape), gently comb into style and dry using a cooler setting.
5. 4. Finally, once the hair is partially or fully dry, use a wide tooth comb to gently remove any remaining tangles. Specialist styling products are recommended - we often use products by Trendco if you require a recommendation but there are other brand choices.
6. Investing in a human hair wig is a big decision but we guarantee that it will be one of the best decisions you'll ever make. With the right care, a human hair wig offers an effective, natural- looking solution to hair loss - not to mention countless styling possibilities.