Click here to load reader
Click here to load reader
Apr 15, 2017
The United Statesof America
Each team will have one paper. Put your team number at the top of your paper.We will answer 5 questions for each round. So, number your paper 1-5.After each round, you will SWAP papers with another group.You will check the answers of the other group, and say how many questions they answer correctly.
Each question is worth 1 point. Some questions will have an additional bonus point.Do NOT use your cell phones!!!If you dont know an answer, skip the question.Remember, this is just a game
1. How many states are there?
2. Name one U.S. territory. (Not a state)
3. Whats the capital of the US? (full name)
4. When is Independence Day? (another point for the year!)
5. What country did we separate from on Independence Day?
1. 50 states2. Puerto Rico; Guam; Northern Mariana Islands; American Samoa; United States Virgin Islands3. Washington, D.C. 4. July 4th (**1776)5. England (or UK or Great Britain)
6. How many stripes are on the US flag? (another point for what the stripes represent!)
7. What is the name of the national anthem?
8. Who is the current president? (another point for the vice president!)
9. Who was the first president?
10. Which president freed the slaves in 1863?
6. 13 stripes (**13 colonies)7. The Star-Spangled Banner8. Barack Obama (**Joe Biden)9. George Washington10. Abraham Lincoln
11. What is the largest city? (population)
12. What is the largest state? (population)
13. What is the largest state? (size)
14. How many times bigger is the USA compared to Spain?Spain X _?_ =USA
15. What is the largest minority?
11. New York City12. California13. Alaska14. 19 times bigger15. Hispanics
16. What is the official language?
17. What is the American holiday in November? (another point for the day of the month!)
18. In what state is the Golden Gate Bridge? (another point for the city!)
19. What was the name of New York City BEFORE it was New York City?
20. Name a country that had land in the current USA BEFORE it became the USA (not UK). (**another point for each country)
16. None17. Thanksgiving (**4th Thursday)18. California (**San Francisco)19. New Amsterdam20. Russia; France; Spain; The Netherlands; Sweden
21. What is the most popular sport?
22. What is the least popular sport?
23. What is the legal age for drinking alcohol?
24. Whats the legal age to buy tobacco?
25. Whats the legal age for driving a car?
21. American Football22. Soccer23. Twenty-one years old24. Eighteen years old25. Sixteen years old
26. Whats the name of the island where the Statue of Liberty is?
27. Whats this mountain called? (another point for each president!)
28. What state is Las Vegas in?
29. What city is Hollywood in?
30. Name the states of the original 13 colonies. (Each state is one point)
26. Liberty Island27. Mount Rushmore (**Washington, Jefferson, Roosevelt, Lincoln)28. Nevada29. Los Angeles30. Georgia; South Carolina; North Carolina; Virginia; Delaware; Maryland; Pennsylvania; New York; Rhode Island; Connecticut; Massachusetts; New Hamshire; New Jersey