Warmly welcome to class 11IT
Excersises: Put the verbs into the correct form 1. I was very tired. I tried ........................ my eyes open but I couldnt.(keep)2. She told him ............................... the door. (lock)3. My father allowed me .............................. his camera. (use)4. I want ................................ the truth. (know)5. She has five children and a husband ...(feed)6. It was a nice day, so we decided ........................... for a picnic. (go)7. It is exciting to his jokes (listen)to keepto lockto useto knowto feedto go to listen
to feed to know to listen
Infinitive with to
... getInfinitive without to
1. Infinitive with to (to inf.) E.g. I learn English well to get married to an American.a. Following some verbs Eg. I want to be a film star. c. After some adjectivesb. Used to indicate a purpose E.g. Its very exciting to learn English with Mr Erik.
GRAMMAR2. Infinitive without to (bare inf.)
E.g. He saw some passengers get on the bus. S V O bare inf.=> Bare inf. dng sau mt s Vs tri gic nh : see, hear, feel, watch, khi chng ta thy, nghe, cm thy, xem hnh ng t lc bt u cho n khi kt thc.
a. After some verbs of perceptionsb. Following some verbs (make, let)Eg. He makes a baby cry
II PRACTICEExercise 1: Put the words in the correct order to make sentences, writing the main V in the present simple and making the other an infinitive with to.E.g. - train catch she a have-> She has a train to catch.- lot of a housework there be do-> There is a lot of housework to do.
1. who something eat want ? 2. letters I write some have. 3. delighted hear I be the news. 4. my shopping some mother do have. 5. always much talk have you too about. 6. lovely see it again you be. 7. out cold it go too be. 8. passed exams know happy I be that you have the.b. Exercise 1: Put the words in the correct order to make sentences, writing the main V in the present simple and making the other an infinitive with to.
1. Who wants something to eat ? 2. I have some letters to write.
3. I am delighted to hear the news. 4. My mother has some shopping to do. 5. You always have too much to talk about. 6. It's lovely to see you again. 7. It is too cold to go out. 8. I am happy to know that you have passed the exam.
b. Exercise 2. Rewrite the sentences, using the words given in brackets. Example:- They arrived home late. (He saw)=> He saw them arrive home late. She didnt want to stay there for the weekend.
(They made her) => They made her stay there for the weekend.
The police watched them get out of the car. 1. They got out of the car. (The police watched)2. They allowed him to write a letter to his wife. (They let) They let him write a letter to his wife. 3. They talked in the next room. (I heard) I heard them talk in the next room.4. The customs officer told him to open the briefcase. (The customs officer made)
The customs officer made him open the briefcase. Exercise 2: Rewrite the sentences, using the words given in brackets:
The boy saw the cat jump through the window. 6. Maybe the company will ask him to pay some extra money. (Do you think the company will make) Do you think the company will make him pay some extra money? 7. The animal moved towards me, I felt it. (I felt)I felt the animal move towards me. 8. She wants to go for a picnic. (Do you think her parents will let)
5. The cat jumped through the window. (The boy saw)
Do you think her parents will let her go for a picnic?
1. They asked Bill (finish) his work as soon as possible. Give the correct form of the verbs in basket2. Peter feel something (come) from behind. 5. Do you think they will let us (smoke) in the restaurant?4. I am very surprised (receive) such a beautiful present. 6. He was proud (be) a nobleman.3. The exercise is too difficult (do). They asked Bill to finish his work as soon as possible. Peter feel something come from behind. The exercise is too difficult to do. I am very surprised to receive such a beautiful present. Do you think they will let us smoke in the restaurant? He was proud to be a nobleman.
- Infinitive without to (bare inf.)CONSOLIDATION- Infinitive with to (to inf.)
Exercise 3: textbook, p.81Exercise 4: Workbook, p.44-45)
Love in your eyesSitting silent by my sideGoing on Holding handWalking through the nights*Hold me up Hold me tightLift me up to touch the skyTeaching me to love with heartHelping me open my mindI can flyI'm proud that I can flyTo give the best of mineTill the end of the timeBelieve me I can flyI'm proud that I can flyTo give the best of mineThe heaven in the sky*Stars in the skyWishing once upon a timeGive me love Make me smileTill the end of life
* Chorus: *Hold ..sky*Can't you believe that you light up my wayNo matter how that ease my pathI'll never lose my faithSee me flyI'm proud to fly up highShow you the best of mineTill the end of the timeBelieve me I can flyI'm singing in the skyShow you the best of mineThe heaven in the skyNothing can stop meSpread my wings so wide