Click here to load reader
Click here to load reader
Jan 21, 2016
Summer Plan: 2013(1st March 31st May)Prepared byMr. Mahadev, Chief General Manager, Operations
Approved byManaging Director
21st, February, 2013.
Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited
BESCOM Profile Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) is Power Distribution Utility distributing electricity across 8 districts viz.,
Population Base : 2.07 Cr Consumer Base : 79 Lakhs
DistrictsPeak Load Requirement (MW)Energy Requirement (MU )Bangalore Urban210041Bangalore Rural3657.13Ramanagar1001.95Kolar2755.37Chikkaballapura2454.78Tumkur4959.66Chitradurga2304.49Davanagere2905.66
Demand & Supply (2011-2013)
Energy Consumption (2011-2013)For 2012-13 : Initially proposed by BESCOM: 32,193 MUs. Approved by KERC: 31,305 MUs. Consumption till date(17th Feb-2013) : 24,576 MUs. Balance Upto end of March-2013 : 6,729 Mus(Adequate).
Reasons for Shortages / Gap 1.Low Wind Energy Generation : means no reserve available
2. Unforeseen shut downs of thermal generating units at RTPS (Raichur) : 150 MW 3.10 % Unforeseen shutdowns in CGS (Central Generating Station) share to the state : 150 MW Total Shortage of Load Expected : 300 MW
How BESCOM will close the GAP ?
1. Strict measures to stop illegal conversion of Single Phase to 3 Phase by IP Set owners and excess consumption [Open Delta] : 210 MW
2. Vigilance Activities : 60 MW
3. Shifting of Peak Load : 30 MW ( From 6 PM to 9 PM to beyond 9 PM)
Open Delta System
1. Open Delta System is a scheme which avoids illegal use of power supply to IP Sets. Thus there wont be overloads or excess drawl from the network.
2. Effective Implementation saves 210 MW
Open Delta Configuration
Vigilance Activities : 60 MW
1. Strengthening of BESCOM Vigilance network by providing 30 additional vehicles & staff .
2. Extra Vigilance during peak hours and at night : to have check on illegal welding, lights, theft etc.,
3. Both Special Vigilance Team & BESCOM Officers will be on strict vigil. Expected to do : 1500 inspections / Everyday.
Load Shifting : 30 MW
1. BESCOM would request consumers to shift the use of major loads like Water pumps, Geysers etc., from peak to non- peak hours ( after 10 PM)
2. BESCOMs brand ambassador will promote Conservation, and load shifting activities like above
Rural Power Supply Schedule during summer8 SLOTS of 3 HRS DURATION Batches6 am - 9 am9 am - 12 noon12 noon - 3 pm3 pm - 6 pm6 pm - 9 pm9 pm - 12 am12 am - 3 am3 am - 6 amB1Single Phase3 PhaseOFFOFF Open Delta 3 PhaseSingle PhaseSingle PhaseB2Single PhaseOFF3 PhaseOFF Open Delta Single Phase3 PhaseSingle PhaseB3Single PhaseOFFOFF3 Phase Open Delta Single PhaseSingle Phase3 Phase
3 Phase : 3 Phase Power Supply Batches B1,B2, B3 will not have same timings, the batches will be intimated by issuing pamphlets. Single Phase: Single Phase Power Supply Open Delta: Open Delta Power supplyOFF : No Power Supply
Reduction in Power Outages in past 5 years
In Case of any grievances ! Reach us
1. Online Complaint Registration Log onto www.bescomhelpline.com to register your complaint 2. 247 SMS Facility Just type BESCOM Subdivision code nature of complaint and send it to 92431 50000 3. 247 Helpline Call to BESCOMs 24X7 Customer Helpline (080-22873333)-(25 lines are there)