This document is posted to help you gain knowledge. Please leave a comment to let me know what you think about it! Share it to your friends and learn new things together.
1. Julian Treasure
2. have you ever experienced that when you speak, people don't
listen to you
3. Annoying isn't it
5. Julian treasure believes there are seven deadly sins of
13. But how can you make your speech powerful
15. And its not only what you say that matters it's also the
way you say it
16. For that there is an amazing toolbox There are 6 tools with
which we can play with to increase the power of speaking
17. 1. Register to speak with weight People associate depth of
voice with power and with authority All great leaders speak with
18. 2.timbre - the way voice feels People prefer voices which
are rich, smooth and warm
19. 3. Prosody - the meta-language used to impart meaning
People who speak all on one note are really quite hard to listen to
if they don't have any prosody at all.
20. 4. Pace - the speed with which one speaks Speaking with
high pace depicts excitement while speaking slowly emphasizes
21. 5. pitch indicates arousal Speaking with different pitch
leads to different meanings
22. 6. Volume High Volume shows excitement in speaker and low
volume can make audience really very attentive
23. Now Imagine a world designed for sound.
24. The world in which speaking powerfully to people who were
listening consciously in environments designed consciously
25. That would be a world that does sound beautiful and one
where understanding would be the norm
26. RECAP Avoid the 7 deadly sins of speaking. Apply HAIL in
life for controlled and powerful speaking. Use the 6 tools of tool
box to improve the way of speaking. Try to make the world a place
of beauty by consciously designing it so.