1. SIDNEY LEWISK A R L A C R U Z , SOF I A V I L L A LOBOS , D A N I E L A BOSC HA N D CH EMA OR T EGA2 0 5
2. WHO? The youngest authenticated British soldier in WorldWar I was the twelve year old Sidney Lewis.
3. WHAT? Ran away to join up fought on the front line in theFirst World War until his mother sent his birthcertificate to the War Office and pleaded that heshould be sent home.
4. WHEN? Enlisted with the East Surrey Regiment in August1915, five months after his 12th birthday, and wasfighting on the Somme by the age of 13.
5. WHERE? Near the Somme River in France.
6. WHY?He wanted to fight for his nation.
7. HOW? People thought he was 18 years old, but he was12
8. COMPARE AND CONTRASTHis life My lifeHe lived in times in which therewere lots of wars and complicatedsituations.My life is clearily easier because ofthe world situation.
9. WOULD YOU HAVE DONE WHAT HEDID? There wouldnt be any other option for me, I wouldbe totally scared and sad but at the end thankful tomy mom because she took me from war I wouldnt be mentally prepared for going to thewar at the age of 12if I had to go, I would wait till Iam olderbut only if it was really necessarybecause I dont like it.
10. CONCLUSION We think that soldiers should have took care aboutthe people the chose for war. Sidney was veryyoung; sometimes for patriotism people do thingshey shouldnt.