- 1. BY ASHA AARTI NIMANI MINACSHI LALITHA SUDHA SANTANA PRIYADARSHNI SANGAMITRA SAHITYA ASHNA
- We undertook this internship programmed training at Mega foods Pvt.Ltd.
- The training was for a period of 4 weeks.
- We were groomed to accept various challenges of industry and learnt to keep up the time limit. This enabled us to correlate theory and practical.
- The factory is located on a site of about 26500 square ft.
- The unit is located in a well-developed industrial estate which is close to the city.
- The man power employed include professionally qualified people heading each department.
- Reverse osmosis plant is also provided for the safe usage of water.
4. Mission statement
- TO PRODUCE QUALITY FOOD PRODUCTS THAT ADD VALUE TO OUR CONSUMER,BUYERS,DEALERS AND EMPLOYEES AND THEREBY BECOME THE MOST REPUTED AND PROFITABLE COMPANY
- THE CHIEF PROMOTER OF THIS COMPANY ISMR.AMIT C VAISHNAV , A MECHANICAL ENGINEER AND A MEMBER OF FOOD SCIENTISTS AND TECHNOLOGISTS(MYSORE)
7. ANALYSIS LAB 8. LAB ANALYSIS
- Lab analysis consists of the various tests done in order to prepare a stable and consistent food product.
- There are various apparatus that are used for eg:pH meter ,etc.
- The following tests are done in this food industry:
9. BRIX TEST ACIDITY OF PULP pH METHOD
- This test is done in order
- dissolved salts present in
- perform this test is known
- The refractometer used for juices ranges between0-50% and that of jams is 40-85%.
- Acidity test is done in order to determine the amount of acid added to the fruit juice or pulp and thereby determine the amount of extra acid that has to added.
- The calculation of acidity can be done in 2 ways:-
- The pH method is done with a pH meter.
- The pH is done to check and hence maintain the acidity of the given fruit pulp or juice.
10. COMPANY HYGIENE
- One of the most essential factors to be maintained in a food industry is hygiene. At Mega foods the following measures are followed:-
- 1)On entering the production area one must disinfect their hands using a sanitizer and the workers should wash their legs.
- 2)People who are associated with preparing the food products should not wear footwear.
- 3)All workers are to wear lab coats and also cover their head with a head cap to prevent hair from falling into anything.
- 4)All machines should be washed and cleaned before use.
11. Puree/ pulp preparation for jams and sauces Ok Receipt of fruits/vegetables Incoming inspection Storage Send back to supplier 100% segregation fruit?/vegetables washing Fruit cutting/preparation Processing Cleaned cans Pulp storage in cans A 12. Not Ok Not Ok A LAB analysis, menu generation and issue of RM as batch card Transfer ingredients to kettle, Process and finish product Lab inspection Move to reprocess area Transfer to SS vessel scrap Fitting operation Seating Labeling Packing, storage and dispatch LAB inspection Stored for reprocess B C D E 13.
- MANUFACTURING PROCESS OF JAM
All jams are prepared in similar manner with slight variations. Tested pulp( brix test and acidity) is added to kettle and boiled Addition of sugar and pectin withcontinuous stirring and boiling Addition of citric acid LAB test for final standards and end test Addition of coloring agents and flavoring agents. Sent for filling and packing 14.
- MANUFACTURING OF DIET FRUIT JAM
Tested pulp (brix test and acidity) Is added to kettle and boiled. Sorbitol+ diet+ pectin+ calcium chloride+ aspartame Addition of citric acid LAB test for final standards and end test Addition of coloring agent and flavoring agent. Sent for filling and packing. DIET FRUIT JAM 15. JAMS
16. TESTS CONDUCTED TO CHECK JAMS READINESS
- Orange juice (Unpeeled orange is cut into four pieces and boiled in water and as soon as the juice oozes into the water, extract is filtered),sodium benzoate, citric acid, sugar, pectin, coloring and flavoring agent
- MANUFACTURE OF ORANGE MARMALADE
- tested for acidity and Brix
Orange juice+sodium benzoate Add sugar and pectin Add citric acid Add coloring andflavoring agent Sent for fillingand packing 18. Sauce / ketchups
- They are mainly manufactured according to demand
- They are made from puree or paste
- The sauce manufactured is
- Tomato puree (cooked without water and passed through a pulpier), sugar, salt, sodium benzoate, sodium saccharine,red chilly powder, turmeric powder, cinnamon oil,clove oil, gum and water
- Manufacture of tomato puree
tested for acidity,brix and salt boiled tomato puree+ sodium benzoate+ Red chilly pdr + turmeric pdr + 1 part of sugar Add sugar &gum With continuous stirring Put in colloidmill Add acetic acid, corn flour, Cinnamon oil, clove oil Sent for filling And packing 20. Tomato ketchup
- Tomato puree (cooked without water and passed through a pulpier), sugar, salt, sodium benzoate, ginger-garlic paste, onion, red chilly powder, ginger oil, cinnamon oil, corn flour, gum and water.
- Manufacture of tomato ketchup
passed through colloid millTomato puree+ ginger garlicpaste+ sodium benzoate+ Onion+ red chilly pdrHeating followed by additionOf corn flour Add cinnamon oil, sugar, Ginger oil Sent for filling and packing 21. CHILY SAUCE
- Chilly paste, potato paste, water, gum, mustard solution, salt, jaggery, ginger-garlic paste, sodium benzoate, turmeric, MSG.
- Manufacture of chilly sauce
tested for salt, acidity, brix Add potato paste+ mustard sol Add jaggery+ salt+ sodium Benzoate+ turmeric pdr+ MSG Sent for filling And packing Final lab test Chilly paste 22. Soya sauce
- Soya extract(Soya beans are cleaned, socked and cooked under pressure till they become soft. It is then crushed and it is sprayed in tray. It is inoculated with species of mould-Aspergillus Niger and incubated in a sterile room at 37 degree Celsius for 76-96 hours and left for 6 months for fermentation) salt, gum, water, jaggery, caramel, color mix, ginger-garlic paste, sodium benzoate and corn flour.
- Manufacture of Soya sauce
Soya extract+ jaggery sol+salt+ caramel+ MSG+ Sodium benzoate Boiled and checkedFor brix Sent for filling And packing 23. 24. INGREDIENTS
25. 26. 27. Addition of coloring and flavoring agent 28. 29. INGREDIENTS
30. 31. 32. Addition of coloring and flavoring agent 33. 34. 35. 36. Pod type of capsicum, medium tolarge size chili pepper 37. PREPARED SYNTHETICALLY 38. 39.
- the bottles are soaked in cold water
- washed in ordinary water then with hot water mixed with sodium benzoate.
PNEUMATIC FILLING SHRINK TUNNEL BOTTLE STERILIZER POUCH PACKING 40.
- the filling machine is first washed with 0.01% sodium benzoate + hot water
- they are sealed with zinc seals and closed with suitable caps
- after washing they are sent to bottle sterilizer machine.