This document is posted to help you gain knowledge. Please leave a comment to let me know what you think about it! Share it to your friends and learn new things together.
1. Poaching A world-wide problemBy Kasey Buchanan& Kekoa
2. Did you happen to know?
3. Every year, thousands of animalsfrom every country, every
year, are killed illegally.
4. Animals are killed for Ivory, Medicine,Religious
5. And for Sport.
6. How am I a threat?Thousands of Tigers have been killed
because they are seen as Threats.
7. Indias Population of tigershas Drastically decreased
8. From an estimated population of100,000 in 1900,
9. To only 4,000 in 1990
10. The amount of elephants in Africa has almost completely
11. People poaching for their ivory tusks has cut their
population in half. =
12. The South AfricanRhinoceros is poached forits horn.
13. Mainly because they are sold for $3400 per pound in
14. In China, Rhino horns are a traditional medicine.
15. There is a similar problem with sharks
16. Hooked sharks are caught on a boat, then get their fins
17. Then thrown back into the ocean, unable to swim
18. This is because shark fins are believed to prevent
19. Hyenas are killed by peoplebecause they are believed to
killtheir land animals.
20. Hyenas are scavengers Not predators
21. We ButCan stop poaching
22. There are many organizations you can join to help the
cause! The Humane Society Earth First!American Zoo & Aquarium
Organization Endangered Species Project Conservation Breeding
Specialists Group American Forest Organization Earth Trust
Conservation International Center For Animal Conservation
23. If you see any suspicious behavior Report it to the
24. Bibliography:Thanks for watching!"Black Market Wildlife
Trade: Killing Species One Genus At ATime." - ForceChange. Web. 10
Apr. 2012. Mackay, Richard. The Atlas of Endangered Species.
Berkeley: University of California, 2009. Print. "Poaching."
Encyclopedia of Earth. Web. 10 Apr. 2012. . Surhone, Lambert M.,
Miriam T. Timpledon, and Kasey J. Buchanan. Poaching: Hunting,
Fishing, Trapping, Eating, Breeding Season, Closed Season, Hunting
Season, Bag Limits, Black Act. [S.l.]: Betascript, 2010. Print
"Wildlife Smuggling and Poaching - Havocscope Black Market."
Havocscope Black Market. Web. 10 Apr. 2012. "Poaching." Wikipedia.
Wikimedia Foundation, 04 July 2012. Web. 10 Apr. 2012. .