Mar 10, 2016
Kampinos National Park
Observation and protection of biodiversity in Europe
for eTwinning project.
Team School Tuchowicz - Poland
Kampinos National Park (Polish: Kampinoski Park Narodowy) is a National Park in east-central Poland, in Masovian Voivodeship, on the north-west outskirts of Warsaw. It has a sister park agreement with Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Indiana, United States.The idea of creating a park here appeared for the first time in the 1920s. In the 1930s the first forest reserves were opened: Granica, Sierakw and Zamczysko. Today, these reserves are much larger and are strictly protected.The park was created in 1959, covering a total area of 407 square kilometres (157 sq mi). It covers the ancient Kampinos Forest (Puszcza Kampinoska), and in January 2000 the area was added to UNESCOs list of biosphere reserves. The Park is now slightly smaller than originally, covering 385.44 square kilometres (148.82 sq mi), of which 46.38 km is strictly protected. The protective zone around the Park covers 377.56 km. Forests account for around 70% of the parks area, and most the common tree is the pine. The Parks symbol is the moose.Kampinoski National Park is located at the biggest river junction in Poland - here valleys of Vistula, Bug, Narew, Wkra and Bzura meet together. There are no lakes, the biggest river of the Park is the asica, a tributary to the Bzura, which acts as a water canal.Parks flora is rich with around 1245 species of plants, of which 69 are protected. Parks landscape is a mix of sand dunes and swamp lands with pine trees growing on sand and meadows on swamps.The Park, together with nearby valley of the Vistula, is an important thriving area of many animals. According to biologists, there are 16,000 species of animals, of which the most numerous are insects (2 030 species) and birds (200 species). Parks experts are experienced in the field of reintroducing several animals - moose (since 1951), beaver (since 1980) and lynx (since 1992). 83 species of animals are regarded as endangered.The parks
area has rich history, here many important events connected with Polish history took place. Reminders of past are numerous and include tombs of insurrectionists from 1863 anti-Russian uprising, war cemeteries from Polish-German war of 1939 and tombs of members of anti-German resistance (194445). At the Palmiry cemetery lay many inhabitants of Warsaw, secretly killed here by the Germans in the years 1939-1945. At elazowa Wola on the outskits of the Park there is a manor house where famous composer Frdric Chopin was born.Tourists are welcome on Parks walking, cycling and skiing trails. One can also rent a horse and ride on trails whose total length is around 360 kilometers. Cycling enthusiasts may take advantage of the 200 km Kampinos Cycling Trail.
1. Alces - Moose - o2. Fiber - Beaver - Bbr3. Lynx - Lynx - Ry
4. Lutrinae - Otter - Wydra5. Martes - Marten - Kuna 6. Vulpes - Fox - Lis7. Erinaceus Concolor - Eastern hedgehog - Je wschodnieuropejski8. Procyon lotor - Raccoon - Szop 9. Cervus - Deer - Jele
10. Sus scrofa - Boar - Dzik 11. Chiroptera - Bat - Nietoperz 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose 2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaver 3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx 4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otter 5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marten 6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox 7. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_hedgehog 8. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raccoon 9. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deer 10. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boar 11. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat 12. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_stork 13. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corncrake
1. Quercus - Oak - Db2. Betula - Birch - Brzoza3. Fraxinus - Fraxinus - Jesion4. Alnus - Alder - Olsza5. Populus - Poplar - Topola6. Linnaea borealis - Linnaea - Zimozi Pnocny7. Dianthus - Dianthus arenarius - Godzik piaskowy 8. Pulsatilla pratensis - Pulsatilla pratensis - Sasanka kowa
9. Cerasus - Cherry - Winia kwana 10. Hydrocotyle vulgaris - Hydrocotyle vulgaris - Wkrota zwyczajna
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birch 3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraxinus4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alder5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poplar6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linnaea7. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianthus8. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsatilla_pratensis9. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry10. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrocotyle
Animals, plants and nature in the Kampinos National Park.
Thank you for watching my work