1. SharePoint -Scope & FuturesSeminarLondon 1st JuneEdinburgh 15th June
2. Team & Format Ian Warnock (Managing Director - IRW) Ted Shultz/Steven Grier (Microsoft Guest Speaker) Brian Logan ( Consultant - IRW) Kenny Cochrane ( Business and Account Manager - IRW)Format Today Introduction - Ian Microsoft Office 365 and demo - Ted/Steven SharePoint 2010 and demos - Brian Coffee Break Case Studies - Brian/Ian Sharepoint - i-CERP and Demo Brian Q & A and close All Questions welcome at end of each session
3. Health & SafetyToiletsAre located outside Microsoft domainCloakroomAll meeting rooms on level 5 have their ownMain ContactsAudrey McCabe, Location Services Co-ordinator, Mon Tue & Fri - 0118 909 3754Alexandra Walker, Location Services Co-ordinator, Wed Thurs & Fri - 0118 909 2912Fire TestA test is carried out on a Tuesday at 10amFire EvacuationAssembly Point, Main Entrance Fire Exit, Calton Road Fire Exit and North Bridge Fire ExitFire WardensKate Heriot Level 4Morag Macfarlane Level 4Audrey McCabe Level 5Alexandra Walker Level 5First AidersJennifer Elliot 0118 909 3602Lynda Walker 0118 909 4369Paul Murphy 0118 909 5557Smoking PolicyNo smoking is permitted in the proximity of Waverley GateSmoking is permitted down Calton Road, up the Bridges and to the right of Waterloo PlaceAccidentsAll accidents should be reported to either Audrey or Alexandra as a record of these must be kept for H&S purposes
4. Our Background in SharePoint We have worked with all versions of SharePoint since its origins in 2002 From Content Management Server 2002 to SharePoint 2010..... 2003 - First UK integration of Microsoft CMS Intranet and public facing Web in education sector (Times Educational Supplement) Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS) and Windows SharePoint Server (WSS) - over 50 deployments UK wide Experienced in both Intranet and Internet solutions Deployment and Use of Project Server on a SharePoint platform (2007 and 2010) 2010 Sharepoint with Dynamics CRM to form organisation wide solutions; 2011 Sharepoint with Biztalk to integrate between existing main and/or critical systems; Migration of several MOSS 2007 sites to Sharepoint 2010
5. IRW - Company Background Integrated, Real-time & Windows Systems Originally formed 1987 30 members of staff, majority on delivery and technical teams Glasgow (HQ) and London Locations, UK wide cover and client base Extensive references and case studies Client base includes NHS trusts, FE and HE sectors, Police, Fire & Rescue; government , Housing Associations and many private sector blue chips and SMEs Award-winning SharePoint and BI solutions, over 50 implementations Microsoft Gold Certified Partner with Information Worker and Custom Development and Digital Marketing Competencies
6. Some of our SharePoint Clients NHS EDUCATION UCLAN University of Central Lancashire PUBLIC SECTOR PRIVATE SECTOR International Anchor Accounting Trust Standards Bureau
7. Positioning SharePoint - the new operating system? Massive, and increasing use across all sectors, for a wide variety of purposes and reasons. A defacto standard? A Productivity ToolKit? Provides : A solid, richly functional and extensible base Tight, easy to use integration with Office and other Microsoft apps Contains powerful Business Intelligence / Insights capabilities Multipurpose, license variants for size / capability Options for deployment, on premise, hosted, cloud.... An Ideal platform to deploy, grow, then build on and integrate with, to create highly effective business /organisation wide solutions.
8. The Aim of Todays sessions is to share with you and show some of the benefits, functions and capabilities of SharePoint, and further scope beyond the core system. Next - Ted Shultz/Steven Grier, Guest Speaker on Office 365
9. SharePoint 2010 An Introduction
10. SharePoint 2010 An Introduction Sharepoint 2010 Overview of features Insights (Business Intelligence) IRW Case Studies
11. SharePoint 2010MOSS 2007WSS 3Do you already use one or more of these versions?
12. SharePoint 2010 Business Collaboration Platform
13. Six Pillars of Sharepoint 2010
14. Six Pillars of Sharepoint 2010 Sites - Basis of Collaboration and Team Sites Intranet / Extranet or Internet Personalization MySites Communities Facebook for the Enterprise Tagging Blogs Wikis Discussions Content Web Pages Documents Records Management
15. Six Pillars of Sharepoint 2010 Search - find relevant content Document Libraries (Metadata) Site Content (pages, discussions, blogs) People / Skills External File Shares (existing network file shares) Line of Business Apps Insights new Business Intelligence Charts/ Scorecards Access/Excel Services Visio services Performance Point Services Composites build composite apps without code Business Connection Services InfoPath Sharepoint Designer Visio
16. Some of the new SharePoint 2010 features Better support for Internet facing sites More security features & flexibility in managing permissions Improved Access and Visio Services Support In-Place Records Management Social Networking Capabilities Native support for Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and Opera Easy migration from SPS2003 and MOSS 2007 New Silverlight and Media content capability
17. Re-Designed User InteractionRibbon: Gives Microsoft Office look and feel to SharePoint environment
18. Re-Designed User InteractionNew Editing functionality - Edit directly on the page
19. Benefits of using SharePoint Server Improving Business Procedures Streamline and Integrate disparate business applications Tight integration with Microsoft Office Central delivery of BI and MI Control of electronic assets Content control and approval Versioning of documents Audit trails Enables collaborative working Minimal user training thanks to Office UI Design Strong search capability
20. Following Areas of Improvement in SharePoint 2010 From End Users ProspectiveMultiple Browser support - Now Supports Fire-Fox, with increasedcompatibility for Safari. (IE6 not supported)Business Connectivity Services (BCS) as the evolution of BDC. Theseservices can now be consumed from Office client apps alsoSharePoint Workspace (formerly called Groove): a smart client forSharePoint. Supports online, offline and Synchronization of data.
Welcome message from author
This document is posted to help you gain knowledge. Please leave a comment to let me know what you think about it! Share it to your friends and learn new things together.