Click here to load reader
Click here to load reader
Mar 20, 2018
Institute of Public Health, Kalyani1st and 2nd Floor, Netaji Subhas SanatoriumKalyani, Nadia, West Bengal, PIN-741251
Ph.- (033)23330559, E-mail-registrariph~mail.com
No. 322-HF/P/PHP/ 1H-03/2014 (Part) 20th September, 2017
Advertisement forAppointment of Dean (Academic Affairs) at Institute of PublicHealth, Kalyani, Nadia (WB)
Institute of Public Health, Kalyani has been set up under the aegis of Societyfor Health and Demographic Surveillance which is funded by the Health andFamily Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal. The objective is tointroduce courses in Public Health which are modern, befitting with the need ofthe State and able to address local issues with a global mindset. The key focalareas of the Institute are education, research and policy formulations. A broad-based, multidisciplinary post-graduate program in public health (Masters inPublic Health) has been started with affiliation of West Bengal University ofHealth Sciences.
2. Applications are invited for appointment to the post of Dean (Academic Affairs)at the Institute of Public Health, Kalyani, District Nadia, West Bengal. The Dean(Academic Affairs) will play a major role in academic affairs especially the MPHprogramme and research activities related to public health taken from time to time.S/He is expected to contribute towards developing strong, multidisciplinary researchprogrammes and projects in collaboration with other faculty members and researchersat the institute and other national and international collaborators. S/He will take partin the Institute's educational programme including the planning, teaching andindividual and cross-disciplinary group-based supervision. The candidate would beexpected to have a flair for teaching and/ or research in both basic and applied topicalthemes with a track record of research in conducting/ applying qualitative researchmethodologies.
a. The applicant must be less than 50 years of age as on 1.1.2017 (age may berelaxed in case of exceptional candidate).
b. Applicants must have a MD or MA/MSC and PhD in Public Health or m arelated field, with at least 10 years research/teaching experience.
Desired qualification1. Independent published work of high standard in Index Journal.
2. Experience III supervising Master and PhD students will have an addedadvantage.
3. Experience in winning competitive research grants and fellowship would have adistinct advantage.
Salary and Contract
a. A consolidated sum of Rs. 1, 50,000 (Rs. One lakh fifty thousand) per month,and
b. The selected candidate will be initially offered a contract of one year subject tofurther renewal.
3. Interested individuals may log on to www.wbhealth.gov.in under 'Recruitment'section to apply online giving detailed resume in the enclosed format including
a. A brief motivational statement (not exceeding 1000 words) detailing teachingand research plans and
b. Copies of three best publications
Print out of the online application duly signed by the applicant along withenclosures may be sent by Registered/Speed Post to:-
Sanghamitra GhoshSecretary (Public Health Programme) and Director, IPHKHealth & Family Welfare DepartmentSwasthya Bhavan, Wing B, 4th FloorGN-29, Sector VSalt Lake, Kolkata 700091, India.
Online application should be made within 18.10.2017 and the printed copy of onlineapplication should reach the Department within 27.10.2017!. Persons employed inGovernment Departments, Autonomous Organizations and Public SectorUndertakings should send their applications through proper channel with an AdvanceCopy to the above address. Envelope containing the application form should beinscribed on top of it in bold "APPLICATIONFOR THE POST OF DEAN (ACADEMICAFFAIRS) AT INSTITUTE OF PUBLICHEALTH,KALYANI". (dIe: W.L
DirectorInstitute of Public Health, Kalyani
PROFORM A FOR APPLYING TO THE POST OF DEAN (ACADEMIC AFFAIRS), INSTITUTEOF PUBLIC HEALTH, KALYANI
I. alne .
5. Phone Number (Mobile & Landline) .
2. Present Position .
3. Postal Address .
4. Email Address .
6. DateofBirth/Ageason 1.1.2017 .
7. Educational Qualification .
8. Present Scale of Pay .
9. Experience (Academic & Administrative may be indicated separately)
10. Number and Names of reputed
II. umber of Publications (National
/1ntemati onal) .
12. Number of Books published/under
13. Number of Projects (completed/in
14. Number of Memberships in Societies & their
15. Any other
Date: (SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT)
Note: A certificate from the employer/competent authority stating that no vigilance case is either pendingor contemplated against the applicant is to be attached with the application.