2. Contents Confirmed Speakers Tentative Speakers About Us The Conference Our Goal Four-Tier Funding/Benefits system Tier 1 Tier 2 Tier 3 Tier 4 Media Coverage Final Note 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 6 7 8 9 9
3. Piyush Goyal Honorable Minister of Power, Coal and Renewable Energy Zia Mody Founding Partner, AZB & Partners Bunker Roy Founder, Barefoot College, Featured in the TIMES 100 Naina Kidwai Group General Manager and Country Head, HSBC Tariq Ansari Ex-MD, Mid-Day Pramath Sinha Founder, Ashoka University 1 Speakers at HUII 2015 conference at the Shangri La Hotel, New Delhi in January 2015 2016 Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia Member of Parliament and ex Union Minister of Power
4. Tentative Speakers Arun Jaitley Honorable Minister of Finance (chief guest) Amartya Sen Professor, Harvard University Raghuram Rajan Governor, Reserve Bank of India Cyrus Mistry CEO, Tata Sons Amir Khan Actor 2 Advisors Anand Mahindra Chairman and Managing Director, Mahindra & Mahindra Tarun Khanna Professor, Harvard University Homi K. Bhabha Professor, Harvard University at the 2016 conference 2016
5. ABOUT US THE CONFERENCE The Harvard-US India Initiative is an undergraduate student organization at Harvard University that provides student groups across the world an unparalleled platform to discuss Indias past and future. This year, it is hosting its annual Harvard-India Conference in New Delhi on the 8th and 9th of January, 2016. The conference will focus on using young, brave minds discussing the myriad issues that face India today. It hopes to be the venue du jour to initiate critical thinking on issues ranging from economics and the current political scenario to the cultural and social situation of the country. Previous conferences hosted by HUII have received extensive media coverage in prestigious Indian dailies like the Times of India, the Hindu, the Mid Day, and others. This conference is the most ambitious of its kind to date. It will be host to 450 students from high schools and universities across the world, each of whom will choose to attend any 5 of Conference participants will be chosen application with information about their contribution to their institutions of education and plans for their future. To ensure that the conference truly welcomes the brightest minds in the Besides panels, the conference will organize a case study competition, the winner of which will be awarded the annual HUII Recognition Award for Best Entrepreneurial Potential and prize money. Furthermore, there will be both a meet-and-greet networking event and a social at the end that will inculcate and cement potentially life long professional relationships among the academic cream of the country. 3 2016 The Harvard US-India Initiative will be organizing the second edition of India's largest policy based youth conference in New Delhi on the 8th and 9th of January 2016. Our first edition was held successfully in New Delhi in January, 2015.
6. 1. Financial aid who will be unable to attend the conference due sponsor a few of these attendees, who will be informed of the sponsors generous support. The fees for the conference is Rs. 2500 for college students and Rs. 3500 for high schoolers and is subject to change. 2. HUII Award for Entrepreneurship Every year, HUII selects the best business pitch in its case study competition. This year, we hope to increase the scope of this award by including this year, will be renamed after the sponsor. 3. Keynote speakers Each day of the conference will start and conclude with a keynote speech that will be titled after the sponsor in the following manner: The XYZ Lecture on Economic Growth by Ms. ABC. To sponsor a keynote speaker, the sponsor must agree to fund the cost of the venue for two hours along with any other costs associated with the particular speaker that the sponsor wants to fund. OUR GOAL 4. Events Sponsors can also choose to fund entire events and have them renamed after themselves. Few examples include: The XYZ Panel on Renewable Energy by ABC, The XYZ Networking Night for Ivy Schools, and more. Please contact the 5. Miscellaneous expenditures towards funding the conference itself. We need more information about this below. 4 2016
7. TIER 1 TITLESPONSOR All of HUIIs social media and marketing will have the title sponsors logo Sponsor will have a full page in the conference brochure, right after the front page Sponsor will have banners behind speakers/panelists and logos on the front page Sponsor will get vocal thanks at the opening and closing ceremonies Sponsors logo will be on bags and other HUII/conference merchandise Price: 7-8 L Four-Tier system The banners, posters, and other advertising materials containing the names of sponsors will be divided up into three categories. In accordance with the various amounts that sponsors are willing to pay, the highest below. 5 2016
8. TIER 2 (PLATINUM) - POWERED BY SPONSORS Price: 4-5 L Sponsors will have their logos in the booklets for each speaker panel last page, half page on brochure Writing pads distributed at the conference will have multiple gold watermarks of these sponsors Sponsors will be mentioned in emails Sponsors will have The poster you have when you enter the room containing info about the panel: Can have GOLD logo 6 2016
9. Sponsors will have their logos featured on banners, panels, and other publicity at locations with high footfall (entrances, exits, lobbies, etc.) s Price: 1-2 L TIER 3 (GOLD) -IN ASSOCIATION WITH SPONSORS 7 2016
10. TIER 4 (SILVER) - GENERAL/HOSPITALITY SPONSORS Price: 60,000-1 L Sponsors will have quarter page logos/advertisements featured on brochures Sponsors will have logos featured on banners (but not panels) in high footfall areas (entrances, exits, lobbies, etc.) 8 2016
11. working aggressively towards obtaining extensive media coverage. We are in talks with major news channels such as NDTV, Times NOW and CNN IBN for a potential media partnership. In the past HUII has been featured in the Hindu and the Business Standard, to give just two examples. For this conference, we are in talks with major media outlets record and the impressive speakers lined up, we are amount of publicity. We would like to stress that this conference hopes to engage the youth of our nation in the many dialogues which will determine the trajectory of our nation. The participants will be chosen through a rigorous application process and deserving individuals would receive monetary assistance so that monetary hurdles do not prevent their talents from articulating themselves through their dialogues. We have a range of excellent speakers and our format promises to optimize the gains from bringing together a young batch of driven individuals who are passionate to make a However, this conference would not be possible without your support and we sincerely hope that you give us a chance to make this happen. MEDIA COVERAGE FINAL NOTE Sponsorship in kind: We are also open to sponsorships in kind and the monetary value of their support. We will be glad to discuss this over telephone or through email. We are looking for financing for the following: Printing (brochures, conference packets, posters) Merchandise (tshrits, bags, conference stationary) Venue for socials 9 2016
Welcome message from author
This document is posted to help you gain knowledge. Please leave a comment to let me know what you think about it! Share it to your friends and learn new things together.