1. European Tourism: Trends & Prospects IC-IC Conference 28th May 2014, Paris Valeria CROCE Head of Department, Research & Development European Travel Commission
2. POWERED BY
3. Europe is by far the most visited destination worldwide Source: www.etc-dashboard.org +3.6% +5.6% +6.0% +0.3% +5.4%
4. but relative weights are changing. 57% 52% 41% 16% 23% 30% Share (%) of international tourist arrivals by region of destination, UN World Tourism Organization.
5. Annual average growth by region of destination, UN World Tourism Organization. A bright future ahead for world tourism +2.6% +5.0% +4.9% +4.6% +2.3%
6. Annual average growth 2010-2030, UN World Tourism Organization. Key trend 1: emerging economies on the rise
7. Share of intra-regional and inter-regional travel by region of destination in 2030, UN World Tourism Organization . Key trend 2: most travel remains within regions
8. Key trend 3: emerging economies invest in tourism
9. Source: UN World Tourism Organization (UNWTO). A new world tourism order by 2030?
10. Game changers
11. Source: ETC Portfolio Analysi.s Where does growth for Europe come from? -8% -3% 2% 7% 12% 17% Germany United Kingdom Russia United States France Netherlands Switzerland China Spain Italy Austria Sweden Norway Japan Denmark Canada India Poland Source market contribution to growth in Europe, 2013-16 % of total Europe inbound arrivals growth 2013-16 Negative contribution Positive contribution
12. Where will growth come from? International arrivals generated by 100 population, UN World Tourism Organization.
13. POWERED BY
14. www.etc-corporate.orgwww.visiteurope.com Thank you for your attention! Valeria Croce contact: [email protected]
Welcome message from author
This document is posted to help you gain knowledge. Please leave a comment to let me know what you think about it! Share it to your friends and learn new things together.