Top Banner
Hear What I Hear? By Paul Provencio, Townsend Elementary T 3

Do You Hear What I Hear? By Paul Provencio, Townsend Elementary T3.

Apr 01, 2015

Download

Documents

Bryce Estess
Welcome message from author
This document is posted to help you gain knowledge. Please leave a comment to let me know what you think about it! Share it to your friends and learn new things together.
Transcript
Page 1: Do You Hear What I Hear? By Paul Provencio, Townsend Elementary T3.

Do You Hear What I Hear?

By Paul Provencio, Townsend Elementary

T3

Page 2: Do You Hear What I Hear? By Paul Provencio, Townsend Elementary T3.

Do You Hear What I Hear? 3 - Reading

Singer and songwriter Barry Manilow is well known for his pop music hits. But Manilow has written other tunes that millions of people hear every day: the jingles for products including Band Aides, State Farm Insurance, Stridex, and Chevolet.

Page 3: Do You Hear What I Hear? By Paul Provencio, Townsend Elementary T3.

Do You Hear What I Hear? 3 - Questions

What is your favorite commercial jingle (song that goes with a product)? Have you or your family ever purchased the product it advertises? Why?

Process:

List commercials you can remember. Which commercials have music or jingles? Pick one and write the lyrics or draw the melody in your journal.

Page 4: Do You Hear What I Hear? By Paul Provencio, Townsend Elementary T3.

Do You Hear What I Hear? Teacher’s Page

General Tips for success:

First let class read silently. Then read out loud as a class. Brain-storm to find out their schema and stimulate ideas. Lead the students to discover what sounds are in their lives and which ones are important. What causes us to react when we hear sounds? What makes sound humorous, poignant, or exciting?(The way the elements are organized to be expressive, experiences associated with sounds.)