Click here to load reader
Click here to load reader
Jun 17, 2020
DANIEL ALEJANDRO MACEIRA
Sánchez de Bustamante 27 (1173) Buenos Aires – Argentina
Phone: (5411) 4861-2126 Fax: (5411) 4862-0805
Ph.D. in Economics, Boston University, USA. May 1999.
Fields: Industrial Organization, Health Economics, Labor Economics. Dissertation: Brand Loyalty, Price Response and Entry in Pharmaceutical Markets without Patent Protection: The Argentine Case.
MA in Economics, Torcuato Di Tella Institute, Buenos Aires, Argentina. August 1987 Thesis: Organizational-Technological Change and Health Economics.
Bachelor in Economics, University of Buenos Aires, Department of Economics, Argentina. March 1986.
Senior Researcher, CEDES (Center for the Study of State and Society), Argentina. Since 1999. Independient Resercher, CONICET (National Council of Scientific and Technologica Research), Argentina. Since 2002. Senior Professor, Industrial Organization. Economics Department, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Since 2011. Associate Professor, 2009-2011 Assistant Professor, 2005-2009 Academic Co-Coordinator, Latin-American University of Social Sciences (FLACSO) / Sumar Program, Ministry of Health, Argentina, Posgraduate Program on Health Management, December 2014- July 2015 Latin American Member of the Program Working Group, Health Systems Global. Fourth World Simposium, 2015. Visiting Researcher, University of Cape Town – University of Western Cape, Sudáfrica CHESAI (Collaboration for Health Systems Analysis and Innovation) initiative. March-April 2015 Member of the Program Working Group, Health Systems Global. Third Symposium, South Africa 2014. Member of the Editorial Board Journal “Vaccine”, Special issue on "Expanding the evidence base to inform vaccine introduction: program costing and cost- effectiveness analyses", 2014.
Member of the Council, Principal Researcher, Argentina Latin American Network on Policy Research and Implementation on Health Policies and Systems. Alliance for Health Systems Research, World Health Organization. Since 2013.
mailto:[email protected] http://www.danielmaceira.com.ar/
Member of the Editorial Board, International Journal for Equity in Health. Since 2011 Member of the Executive Board, Political Economy Argentine Association (AAEP). 2006-2012. Member of the Executive Council, International Society for Equity in Health (ISEqH). Since January 2012 President, International Society for Equity in Health (ISEqH). 2009-2011 Member of the Scientific Committee, Second Global Symposium on Health Systems Research. Beijing 2012.
Distintion QuoVadis Health 2012 IX Argentine Conference on Global Health. November 2012.
Member of the Scientific Committee, European Conference on Health Economics (ECHE). 2012 Member of the Editorial Committee, Global Handbook of Health Economics, University of California at Berkeley, 2011
Académic Distintion, National University of Buenos Aires, President of the Superior Council, 2011 Member of the Consulting Scientific Committee on Health Equity, World Health Organization, Geneva, 2009-2011 Member of the Latin American Consulting Scientific Committee, International Society for Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research (ISPOR). Since 2008
Member or the Editorial Council, Revista del Instituto para la Capacitación Profesional. Fortaleza, Brasil. Since 2008 Member of the Regional Committee, iHEA, International Health Economics Association. 2007-2009. Member of the Scientifc Committee, FISA, Argentine Forum on Health Research, [10/90 Gap, Argentine Chapter]. Since 2005.
Ex Director Health Care Program, Sociel Development Department, CIPPEC, Center for the Implementation of Public Policies promoting Equity and Growth, Argentina. 2004– 2011. Meber of the Academic Council, Claeh, Master Program on Health Policy and Management, Latin American Center on Human Economy. Montevideo, Uruguay. Since 2003.
Member of the Selection Committee, Bi-Annual Prize on Social Medicine, 2007-08, Navarro Viola Foundation, 2007.
Research Grants, Awards and Scholarships
-International Development Research Center (IDRC), Canadá Grant “Enhancing health care quality in maternal services for indigenous population. The cases of Argentina, Mexico and Peru”. January 2016- August 2018. -National Institute of Cancer, Argentina Grant “Structure, Processes and Results in the Argentine Colorectal Health Care Network. Provincial Studies before Implementing Public Initiatives on Prevention and Early Detection”. May 2016-December 2017.
-International Development Research Center (IDRC), Canadá Grant “Sugar sweetened Beverages, Health and Taxes in Argentina”. April 2016-August 2017. - Argentine Government, Ministry of Health, Health Research Comission. Multicenter Research Grant. “Human Resources in Health. Salaries, Contractual Incentives and Working Enviromment in the Public Argentine System”. May 2014 – August 2015. - Alliance for Health Systems Research, World Health Organization Regional Grant on “Latin-American Network on Health Policy and Systems Research”, 2013.
- Argentine Government, Ministry of Health, Health Research Comission. Multicenter Research Grant. Principal Researcher. "Needs and Access to Health Services in Northern Argentina", March 2011-May 2012. - UNESCO-IDB Prize "Best Practices in Youth Policies and Programs in Latin America and the Caribbean" Initiative "Building citizenship: access to health and rights in adolescence". September 2009.
- Argentine Government, Ministry of Health, Health Research Comission. Multicenter Research Grant. Principal Researcher. “Evaluating the Argentine Public Strategy in Drug Production”, May 2009-August 2010.
- Global Development Network (GDN), Grant “Strengthening Institutions to Improve Public Expenditure”, 2009-2013. - Alliance for Health Systems Research, International Grant “Basis for an Integrated Health Care System in the Province of Salta, Argentina”, 2009-2010. - Inter American Foundation (IAF), International Award: “Strategic Alliances for Health Development in Alderetes, Tucumán, Argentina”. 2008-2010. - International Association of Regulatory Organization on Pension Funds (AIOS), International Award, “Economies of Scale and Estimation of Cost Functions in Pension Markets in Latin America”. 2009-2010.
- Argentine Government, Ministry of Health, Health Research Comission. Multicenter Research Grant, Principal Researcher, “Market Structure, Payment Mechanisms and Regulation. The Case of Provintial Health Care Insurance Plans”, March 2007-May 2008. - Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development. Global Development Network (GDN), “Evaluating Public Health Insurance. The Case of Buenos Aires Province”. January 2006-June 2007. - National Agency for the Scientific and Technological Promotion, Ministry of Education, Argentina.
Young Researchers’ Grant Program. November 2002-2003.
- National Council for Scientific and Technological Research (CONICET), Ministry of Education, Argentina.
Junior Researcher Scholarship, 1987/1989. Advanced Researcher Scholarship, 1989/1991. Assistant Researcher, 1995-2002. Associate Researcher, 2002 to date.
- Boston University, Rosenstein-Rodan Scholarship Program, Ph.D. Tuition. 1995.
- Government of Japan/Inter-American Development Bank Ph.D. Scholarship Program. 1991-1994. - Ford Foundation, Doctorate Scholarship Program. 1991 - 1993.
Financial Assistance, Conferences Participation
# Workshop on Efficiency in Public Health Expenditures- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB). Washington, DC. USA. March 2016
# Workshop on Fiscal Space in Health – Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), Washington, DC. USA. November 2015. # 10th World Congress on Health Economics, iHEA – International Health Economics Association. Milan, Italy, July 2015 # 20
th International Conference, ISPOR – International Society of Pharmaceutical and Operation Research.
Roche Argentina. May 2015 # Workshop on Fiscal Space in Health – Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), Santiago of Chile, April 2015 # Third Global Symposium on Health Systems Research, Cape Town, South Africa, October 2014. # 9th World Congress on Health Economics. International Health Economics Association (iHEA). Sydney, Australia. July 2013 # Second Global Symposium on Health System Research, Beijing, China. October 2012.
# International Society for Equity in Health, Preconference – Salta, Argentina (National University of Salta). November 2011 # International Society for Equity in Health, Preconference – Toronto, Canada (University of Toronto. School of Pharmacy). October 2011. # International Society for Equity in Health, Preconference - Montevideo, Uruguay (Ministry of Health – Claeh – National Planning Office). June 2011. # International Society for Equity in Health, Preconference - Medellín, Colombia (Colombian Society of Anesthesiology and Rehabilitation). March 2011.
# International Society for Equity in Health, Preconference San José, Costa Rica (National University, Masters in Public Health). March 2011.
# International Society for Equity in Health, Preconference Panamá (Unicef). March 2011. # Forum 12. Global Forum for Health Research. Havana,