Connecting, Catching and Celebrating
John Walsh – York Street Practice Manager
Carol Read – Transformation Fellow Horizons NHSIQ
Innovation Expo workshop
• Introductions & background
• Building a connected practice
Introduction & Background
• Serendipity – via twitter dialogue –
• Co-creation through blogs &
Small connections – big questions
Dialogue = Hope & understanding
Why services fail to have impact? Why does innovation not spread? Why doors fail to open?
Creativity & Metaphors to help
Bringing together hearts and minds
Group exercise What’s your big picture?
3 reasons - Connecting, catching &
• What it is?
• Why it works?
• Key components – Listening &
dialogue with diverse networks
• Generating ideas
• Creative conversations
• Key component – Co-creation
• How we share the message
• How we find the right medium
• Key components for spread &
What is your gift?
How can you connect your practice?
Our challenge…….. Thank you for listening & taking part.
Happy to take questions now or
throughout the day